Our After-Bith Sitz Bath blend contains a special blend of Epsom Salts, specially selected organic herbs and Colloidal Oatmeal. The Epsom Salts are both gentle and cleansing – along with the Colloidal Oatmeal they work to restore the skins pH. Organic Calendula is a well-known, very safe herb that has been used for centuries due to its skin-friendly phytochemicals and naturally high level of carotenoids. Also included is Comfrey, whose botanical name actually comes from the Geek word meaning ‘to grow together’, it contains astringent tannins which have the ability to form a protective surface over the skin. Wildcrafted Plantain, is also astringent and is packed full of nutrients that not only have skin-cleansing properties but will also soothe. Organic Lady’s Mantle and Red Raspberry Leaf are both very popular herbs for women, with Raspberry often being used as a traditional pregnancy tonic. It is both high in iron content and has toning qualities. Organic Yarrow is another astringent herb that is also gentle and soothing, whilst Organic Shepherds Purse is a highly regarded after-birth herb due to its tyramine content. Each one of these herbs has been carefully chosen for their specific phytonutrients and abilities that make them perfect in the application of postpartum skincare. And, since they come in a super-easy to use large tea bag (so you can use them a number of different ways) you can consider your mama parts taken care of, leaving you to get back to your cute new bundle.
- 100% natural and herbologist formulated,
- cruelty-free: only ever tested on willing human guinea pigs,
- handmade in New Zealand,
- free from: chemicals, mineral oil/petroleum, sulphates, parabens, PEGs, GMOs, synthetic perfumes and fragrances.
How to use:
- Drop the tea bag into a bowl or jug, cover with hot water and allow it to gently infuse.
- Add the whole lot to your bath, sitz bath or simply a spray bottle which you can keep cool in the fridge and use throughout the day as desired.
- Alternatively, pour some of the infused water over sanitary pads and freeze. You can then use them as an ice pack to soothe and comfort mama parts.
Epsom Salts, Organic Colloidal Oatmeal, Organic Herbs: Calendula, Comfrey, Lady’s Mantle, Plantain, Red Raspberry Leaf, Shepherds Purse, Yarrow, Essential Oils of Chamomile and Lavender.